Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One of those days

I woke up this morning with a terrible stomach ache, so as soon as Rose was done going potty and getting dressed, I turned on the TV and laid in bed while she watched. Eventually Lacy joined us. I think I finally got out of bed around 9, about 1.5 hours after Rose awoke! I've done my best today to keep up in the house, but I'm not putting any extra effort into it. Just a load of laundry, dishes, and meal planning today, thank you. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so dinner's in the crock pot. Thankfully, Rose went down for her nap at about 11:15 and is still snoozing, so I was able to get everything done that I needed to. And now that dinner's in the crock pot, I will have a nice relaxed evening when we get home. Thank goodness the house was immaculate yesterday, or I don't know what kind of state our house would be in!

In other news, I've been working on the restoration of an old autoharp that Dave picked up at a school he was demolishing almost a year ago! I finally refelted all the keys, but now I need to get them back in the stupid thing. There are all these springs, and I am having trouble getting them in without messing everything else up. I am using a popsicle stick to press the springs down while I put the key back in, but even that method is proving to have some problems. I will work on it again tonight and hopefully I'll have a working autoharp tomorrow for the family to enjoy! That is, if I'm not in bed the second the girls go to sleep.

2 comments:

Blonde African Americans said...

http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=15236+TL

When I need to place a spring I use a spring hook, they are cheap and well worth it (Copiers have a lot of springs) anyway hope that helps - Raphael

Carolyn said...

I forgot to update: I found the spring! It was attached to one of the tuning pegs! I can't believe how lucky that was. So now it's all put back together, and I am terrible playing it! Oh well.