Saturday, March 08, 2008

More dental issues!

A few days ago, I noticed a chunk missing out of Rose's front tooth, the one that was just repaired a few weeks ago. It looked like a piece of the filling came off or something. So I called the dentist, who said, "Well, fillings don't just come off, so I'm sure it's nothing, but I can take a look at it if you want." I set up the appointment with a scheduler, who didn't have anything until the 17th at 5 pm. What a crummy time! I scheduled it, because the next appointment was in April, and we should have our new coverage by then (hallelujah!). Well, we weren't comfortable with waiting two weeks almost for an appointment, so Dave called up yesterday to speak with the dentist, who wasn't in. But we scheduled an emergency appointment for today instead.

Today's appointment was at 10:15. We arrived right after 10, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, at about 10:45, they called Rose back. Dave went with her, and Lacy and I waited together in the waiting room. I could hear some major screams coming from the back, so I knew they were fixing the problem (probably nothing my foot!). Rose came out with a nicely repaired tooth and was very tired. She has been sleeping soundly for about 45 minutes now. Actually I spoke too soon. She just woke up. Darn!

1 comment:

Jenn Tobin said...

Poor sweet baby! I can not even imagine what you are going through dealing with this. The one awful trip to the dentist was enough to make me want to NEVER take my chilrden to see the dentist again:)
We will be praying that all her teeth isues are done with. Give her some hugs and kisses from us!