Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's amazing...

what the word "lawsuit" will help you get done. Today, the girls were supposed to have their appointments with their dentist at Evil Dental. The office manager called me this morning and said that perhaps this wasn't working out, and that they would fill out the paperwork to have us be seen at another dental office, at their expense. Woo hoo! So, I ran with the girls to pick up the paperwork at 9:30, and got to the new dental office at 10. It's a pediatric dental office, and the guy's been doing it for more than 20 years. He was a complete professional, and very, very good. He was able to look at every single one of Rose's teeth, and recommended we put her under so we can do all her teeth at once. He also gave me a gel to put on her teeth every night in the meantime, which will stop the cavities in their tracks. Why this stuff wasn't given to me months ago, I have no idea. She will be worked on in the hospital sometime in May (they only get two hospital days a month, so that's the soonest they could get me in). But the good news is, no more teeth will have to come out! Yippee! I'm beginning to suspect if I had been seeing a good, established pediatric dentist from the get-go, she wouldn't have lost any teeth to begin with. As for Lacy, she has an appointment next month to get two fillings taken care of. She won't have to lose any teeth, either. It's a sedation appointment, but won't require any numbing. I'm so relieved! He was so reassuring, competent, and at ease with the kids. His office staff were excellent, as well. They had just as many people in their waiting room as at Evil Dental, but he was able to take them all back and work on them. He also had special benches designed specifically for doing the knee to knee-type examinations, without any fuss. I did spend a lot of time today feeling badly for how I treated the staff at Evil Dental, but Dave reassured me that I have done nothing wrong, and that I am only being an advocate for my children. That's my job, after all, and nobody else is going to do it. Situations like this are why I quit my job in the first place.

We had a great Irish dinner tonight (although I'm not really sure how authentic corned beef and cabbage are). I made soda bread, and slow cooked the corned beef all day. I added the cabbage about two hours before I took it all out, and it was absolutely perfect. Yum! We had brownies for our FHE treat. Our activity tonight was planting seeds, and we talked about how Heavenly Father wants us to have a garden. We are getting soil delivered on Saturday, so we will be doing a lot of the beginning phases of our gardening this weekend. We are getting 8 yards of compost. Hopefully we won't need to get any more compost next year, since I have my nifty composter going in the backyard!

I just spent an hour decluttering, and I'm tired. I'd better get to bed-- it's Story Time tomorrow, and I don't want to sleep in!

No comments: