Friday, August 01, 2008

Preparing for my interview

I was on a friend's blog this morning and Bette Midler's song "Hero" started playing. Rose started singing along as soon as she heard the music. She was not singing words, but she was moving her voice in time and in tune to the song playing. She is always singing, and she responds very well to music. She always has, as long as I can remember. She's only 2, but is always making music or singing along with music (she doesn't just listen to music-- she has to sing along!). I think she's a budding musical prodigy, and I plan on exposing her to all things musical. I'm seriously considering enrolling her in Suzuki violin lessons when she's 3, since I'm already planning on having Lacy take them at age 5. I'm preparing now for the inevitable interview I will have someday for VH1 Behind the Music: "She started singing before she could even talk!" I really must record her singing so I can share it with all of you here.

Now Lacy, on the other hand, is the star of this video. When she says "I'm Dori" at the end, she means Laurie. She's performing her version of Laurie Berkner's "I'm Gonna Catch You."



Rose is a huge fan of Laurie Berkner as well, and is constantly singing "Moon, Moon, Moon." It's either that or "Rock-a-bye, Sweetie Pie" when she wants cuddles. Lacy begged to finish watching "Princess Diaries 2," and since I'm a sucker for Anne Hathaway I let her. When she first turned on the TV, MTV was on and the song playing was by the Pussycat Dolls, "When I Grow Up," a very obnoxious song that has a lot of "La la la la"s in it. I have never enjoyed the music of the Pussycat Dolls, so I changed it quickly to put on the movie. Rose was already singing the "la la la la" part, in tune and everything, before I could even switch it.

No comments: