Friday, April 25, 2008

To Market, To Market

Today we went to the Farmer's Market to check it out and pick up a few things. I met my friend Emily there with her kids. There was live music there that we all enjoyed. Lacy and Wynnie danced (ballroom-style, but without much rhythm), and Lacy introduced herself to vendors. At one point, she said, "Hi! I'm Lacy. And this is my husband Danner" (Emily's son). Emily and I cracked up at that one. I came home with some seeds for beans, some swiss chard, collard greens, asparagus, and an apple each for the girls (free at one of the booths). Oh, and some dahlia bulbs. $2 for a big bag of them. Sweet!

As soon as we came home, Rose went down for her nap. So Lacy and I started gardening! I've almost finished up the front yard, and after Rose woke up, we transplanted some starts and planted some seeds. I'm really excited to watch them grow. We had a nice, busy day today, and I'm tired. Gardening is hard work!

No comments: