Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Review of my goals: 2007!

Last year I created a list of goals for myself for 2007. Here's the breakdown of what I did, what I didn't do, and maybe there's a good reason for that! And my next post will be my goals for 2008.

  • Read the New Testament
Not only did I read the New Testament, I read it twice! I finished it the second time with about 5 minutes to spare in 2007 :) But that final day I only read 5 pages, so it wasn't marathon reading. I finished it the first time in May or June, and started reading it again the second time soon afterward.
  • Write an article for Mothering about elimination communication
Uh, no I didn't do this one. I got a little discouraged about it. But I hope to write one sometime after Rose has "graduated" from EC. Which will be soon! She's in panties all day at home now and I'm considering going out of the house without diapers soon!
  • Organize my house and throw out junk
Not totally organized, but better than where I was a year ago. I started FlyLady and I've been getting better ever since!
  • Get started on my food storage and have at least 100 pounds of wheat by the end of the year, and have a place to store it!
Yes, mostly. I posted on getting 90 pounds of wheat in September. I also got about 70 pounds of wheat in May. I do have a place to store some of it, but one bucket is still in my foyer. Bad Carolyn!
  • Read more books to my kids-- at least 3 books a day on workdays
Well, considering I'm not working anymore, this goal is no longer applicable. I do read lots to my kids, but I don't know if I'm reading 3 books every day, but certainly many days I'm reading more than that.
I cut my hair and it's sitting in an envelope. I need to mail it in sometime soon! At least it's cut now!
  • Don't get pregnant!
Yep, met this goal! New goal for 2008: get pregnant! Ha ha, I'm joking, I'm joking (maybe)!
  • Start a savings account to save for Dave's education
Um, next question please?
  • Pay at least 50% of our debts off this year
Ooooh, this one wasn't any better. But we do have an actual financial plan now!
  • Buy a new (to us) car-- in January!
I think it actually happened in February.
  • (for Dave) collect at least 10 capes to use for Taxidermy school, including two from animals that are harder to get
I'm not sure if Dave is going to go to Taxidermy school at this point. We'll see.
  • Focus on healthier eating by serving two veggies at dinner every day
Well, I certainly have at least one veggie every day at dinner. Sometimes two. I have been eating more healthfully and have started baking my own whole grain bread and muffins, and I've been trying to eat more raw veggies as well.
  • Gain some self control and don't eat that fifth cookie
Nope, still don't have self control. But on the plus side, I haven't started wearing plus sizes, so that's good, isn't it? I weigh approximately the same that I did before I got pregnant with Lacy, so it's all good. I've weighed the same since I was in 9th grade.

So there it is, my year in a nutshell! I think I did all right this year. Some goals were completed, others completed with gusto, some partially completed, others written down and forgotten. I resolve in 2008 to not forget my resolutions! OK, maybe that's unrealistic, but I do resolve to write my goals down and post them before the end of the week.

No comments: