Friday, November 28, 2008

I really don't like Wal-Mart

Last night at Thanksgiving I was talking about my dislike of Wal-Mart. I dislike it for various reasons. I have blogged about those reasons before. I thought that perhaps it was just my local Wal-Mart that caused people to automatically lose 10 IQ points upon driving in to the parking lot (it's gone even before they come in the doors!). But I was wrong. It's not just my Wal-Mart.

In New York, a crazy crowd of anxious shoppers trampled a Wal-Mart employee, trying to be the first in line to snatch up some of their after-Thanksgiving deals. This poor employee was pronounced dead at the hospital at 6 am. The out-of-control crowd didn't allow for other Wal-Mart employees to get in there and help this poor man. At least four other people, including a pregnant woman, had to go to the hospital for treatment because of this incident. Then, once Wal-Mart informed shoppers they were closing because of the death, people refused to leave and kept shopping!

Seriously, what is wrong with people? And what is it about Wal-Mart that causes people to act like such savages?

I'm so, so glad I have options other than Wal-Mart in my city. Many of my family members don't have other options.

3 comments:

LMS said...

Here, here. I went to Kohls. They are always polite there.

Les said...

I skipped out on shopping altogether. It's online for me this year, baby!

Kathy Habel said...

That is such a sad tale. Definitely not the spirit of Christmas!