Friday, November 21, 2008

Glasses?

Lacy is clumsy. Really clumsy. She's always tripping on her own two feet. I hate for her to play in dresses and tights because invariably she falls and stains them or tears a hole in them. I had simply attributed it to her genetics-- she got her mom's coordination, not her dad's (Rose is very coordinated, OTOH). Then the Kindergym teacher today suggested that she may have a vision problem. That's an idea I never even considered! It makes sense--I had a vision problem which I outgrew by about age 13/14. Dave currently wears glasses and at least one other brother has corrective lenses. I also have a brother with poor vision who has worn glasses pretty much his whole life.

I guess it's time to schedule appointments with the pediatrician. Our insurance will FINALLY cover well-child visits, so I'll talk to the doc and maybe Lacy will have glasses before Christmas.

Or maybe she's just clumsy.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I have a sister whose vision is fine, but she frequently trips over things...things like air molecules.
;)

On the other hand, my niece got glasses at 3 or so, and definitely needed them...she's a mess without them now (at 9). So you never know!