Monday, March 23, 2009

Lacy the Yoga Instructor

This evening Lacy had Rose and I do a yoga session with her, with Lacy being the instructor. It was hilarious to watch her. She kept changing her name and introducing herself to me by shaking my hand. At one point her name was Willow. She actually had us do a couple real yoga poses, and she made up a bunch of her own that were similar to real yoga poses. She called one the caterpillar and another butterfly (which isn't the same as the actual butterfly pose she learned in gymnastics, this one had us sitting down gently waving our arms in the breeze). I showed her a few poses while we were at it. She rejected the idea of cat and cow, downward dog and mountain pose, but was excited to try child's pose and tree pose. She lost her balance with tree pose, but with my help she was able to do it correctly. While she was speaking, she used a very calming, low voice. I seriously was about to bust a gut it was so funny, because it was EXACTLY like every yoga class I've ever taken! Minus the running around the room yoga moves that Lacy, I mean Willow, took us through. I think there's a kid's yoga class at one of the local park and rec programs. I think I'd better sign Lacy up. She may have found her calling. And I'm only half joking.

No comments: