Monday, May 19, 2008

Rough Night

Dave's been sick, Lacy's been recovering from surgery, and Rose has been all around cranky lately, so that is a recipe for disaster. Rose kept waking up last night, and at 4 am she woke up and would. not. go. to. sleep. Since it was before she was allowed to nurse (that's a nightweaning thing we started-- she's allowed to nurse after 6 am). After disturbing Dave and myself to the point of no more sleep, I decided to put on a movie, Evan Almighty, with the hope that Rose would be pacified enough to fall asleep. It worked! Unfortunately, Dave had already left for work, so he didn't benefit from the extra sleep, but if she does it again tonight I'll try it again. With her snoozing in my arm, I finished watching the end of the movie. The credits appeared, and I heard a little voice say, "Mommy, the movie's over!" I had no idea that Lacy was watching, too! She apparently doesn't sleep as soundly as she did before the surgery. Maybe because now she can actually hear, and stuff. And because she doesn't require as many hours of sleep because she gets better quality sleep. We really need to focus on her routine as soon as she's well, because between her and Rose, I'm bound to be committed.

No comments: