Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve



What an eventful evening! Tonight, Christmas Eve, we spent the evening with Dave's family. We gave Rose her first bites of solid foods. She thought it was pretty... interesting! Anyway, she only got a couple bites before she started gagging and I decided mealtime was over. So pears were her first food, on Christmas Eve when she was exactly 7 months old.

Rose also learned how to play Peek-A-Boo tonight! It was pretty funny! I put her in her carseat, right before we were going home, and played peek-a-boo for a minute. When I was done, Rose reached down and started pulling the blanket up to cover her face and then brought it down again, playing peek-a-boo with me! It was so funny! She did this for a few minutes!

The girls got some really awesome gifts that I am so thankful for. From Chris and Kelly: Lacy got a Learning Bunny and Rose got a set of stacking rings (that plays music and lights up). They also gave us some cookies. From Papa and Brenda: The girls both got matching Santa dresses with fur trim. Lacy got a very cute doll with hair you can braid, and Rose got a pink stuffed bear. Mom and Dad also got a gift certificate to Olive Garden (and an agreement from Brenda to watch the kids for an evening! Yay date night!). Grandpa got us each gift certificates to Wal-Mart: Lacy and Rose both get $50 and Dave and I get $25. I'll probably get fabric with my certificate, and I'll probably get a double jog stroller for the girls with their combined $100. My mom is supposed to get us one, but I don't see one yet so I guess I'll just have to go out and get one myself! From Jeremy and Melissa: We got a book Heidi and a beautiful framed drawing of Kathleen holding Lacy.

Well, it's Christmas Eve and my little ones are still up. Better get them to jump in bed and cover up their heads, cause SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TONIGHT!

1 comment:

christine said...

Cute pictures of your family. I hope you all had a very merry christmas.