Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blog-In against CPSIA

I know you've seen my rants and raves about CPSIA on this blog before. And I urge you ALL to contact your representatives and senators! Or write! Or email! Whatever you can do.

Did you know of the huge impact the law will have on libraries? From the American Library Association:

Under the current opinion issued by the General Counsel of the CPSC, the law would apply to books for children under the age of 12; therefore, public, school, academic and museum libraries would be required to either remove all their children’s books or ban all children under 12 from visiting the facilities as of February 10.
This law can not go into effect. Too much is at stake with this poorly written law. CALL TODAY!

And check out BrightonWoman's blog with lots of links to other bloggers writing about this today.

Need Help figuring out what to do? Try the CPSIA action kit.

2 comments:

Devon said...

Holy Freak, I didn't know that!! Yikes!!!!

Rachel Grimmer said...

Thanks. I appreciate the information your blog provides. This whole thing has been on my mind like crazy. EVERYBODY is upset over it!!