Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Round up them kindergarteners

Today Lacy, Dave and I went to our local elementary school's Kindergarten Round Up event. It was a lot of fun, and my baby is now enrolled in Kindergarten! She got to ride a bus, do some crafts, see the classrooms, and meet other kids. We got to hear from the PTA, the Spanish Club leaders, the principal, and other school staff members. I always thought I'd homeschool, but I felt unprepared, and now after going to this event, I feel really comfortable with the school she'll be attending. I got a really good vibe from the principal and just the whole experience. The principal actually taught Lacy's cousin a few years back, which was really fun to find out.

I can't believe my baby's going to go to kindergarten. And she'll be one of the youngest ones there, since her birthday is 6 weeks before the cutoff.

Stupid me forgot her birth certificate and proof of address. I'll bring it in later this week. Lacy would really like to attend a BBQ on Friday that the school is holding. Maybe we'll do it then.

How did this happen? She isn't supposed to start Kindergarten so soon! She's my baby!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

If I had a dime for every time "I always thought I'd ____" and then it ended up that I didn't...

It's good to think and study and plan ahead, but when it comes down to it it's important to be flexible enough to make the right decision for the person/situation at the time.