Friday, April 13, 2007

Jack In The Box

Mom and Dad are watching the girls today. For lunch, Mom and Dad dropped the girls off at Jack In The Box and they went down to the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office to claim their missing jewelry. Unfortunately it wasn’t as much as they had thought.

Anyway, while we were there, I took the girls in to use the bathroom. Rose was crying and wanted me so she was clinging to my leg. I had to walk away from her to help Lacy and she stayed standing in the middle of the room, unassisted! Holy cow! She’s growing up (sniff, sniff).

Not to be outdone, after we were done eating (I ate three burgers and Lacy at a half of one, Rose ate some portions of a bun because I’m too mean to give her french fries yet!) Lacy had to shake her little booty to the music. She made me laugh so hard! It was priceless. There was an older couple in the restaurant too, and she nudged her husband and they started smiling at my cute girl. Lacy also helped me out by getting ketchup twice. I kept an eye on her though! She went over and kindly asked someone to give her some ketchup and then said thank you very nicely (so I assume anyway, since she was out of earshot).

After lunch, we hung out in their car, I nursed Rose and Lacy lost the car key while she was “driving.” It took a few minutes to find it, but Lacy said a prayer and we found it right afterward. That was a sweet little lesson on answers to prayers, in action. Then Mom and Dad returned, and I annoyed Dad by fixing the car seat which actually took a long time, but eventually they left and I returned to work. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

Only 11 more working days (and 17 days total) until I am a stay-at-home mom and get to see even more funny things that my kids do! I can’t wait!

No comments: