Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Tooth

Rose got one of her top teeth in over the weekend.  So now we have a grand total of 3 teeth.  I’m expecting the next three to come in within the next month.  This should be a tough few weeks until she has them all in.  I’m not looking forward to it at all.  On the bright side, she seems to be an easier teether than Lacy ever was.  Plus I’m being proactive and dosing her up good with Tylenol before bed. 

 

We also started Rose on table foods.  I tried giving her baby oatmeal and she hated it.  Even when I mixed it with peaches (which she loves), she wouldn’t eat it.  She has a lot of texture issues and will not eat many of the foods we give her.  She will start to gag and often will throw up because of that.  A lovely trait she inherited from her father.  So I concluded that purees must not be her thing.  I was right!  She took to table foods like a champ and regularly eats Cheerios (broken up into small pieces) and little bits of canned fruits. 

 

It sure seems like this little girl of mine is reaching more milestones every day.  I just have to make sure I write them all down so I don’t forget any of them!  I still haven’t bought her a baby book.  Bad mommy!

 

On Friday, Dave and I went to the Bodies exhibit in Seattle.  It was expensive, but really cool to see.  We took Rose but left Lacy at home with Tiffany, a girl from our ward.  She is a really good babysitter, but Lacy wouldn’t go to bed for her at all.  She said, “I’m going to wait for my mommy.”  Little stinker has never been a good sleeper.  We didn’t get home until 11:15, but the bright side of this is, Lacy was asleep within 5 minutes of going to bed.

 

Our friend Tuana is staying with us this week during the week.  She will be staying most work nights at our house while she takes over a department at the USDA in Olympia.  She is still working up north in the Bellingham area as well, so she’s commuting between the two cities.  The commute is a little too long for a regular daily commute so she asked to stay with us.  I’m enjoying the company (especially since Dave is often gone during the week, or at least to bed by 8:30) and the extra set of hands to hold babies while I get dishes or laundry done each night.

 

 

 

No comments: