Saturday, May 04, 2013

Busy weekend, and progress!

I've been so busy lately!  I'm getting the garden ready to plant, trying to keep my house presentable, entertaining a 3 year old all day, trying to keep my 6 and 8 year olds on track at school and with violin, and I've been cooking up a storm of healthy, nutritious, low-fat vegan meals.

I've made a ton of progress on the garden, and actually got stuff planted (finally).  Yes, I was late this year.  Oh well.  I should still get a good harvest eventually!

The progress I'm most proud of is my weight loss!  I was 40 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight and 50 pounds above my weight at my wedding.  I still can't believe it.  But since becoming a vegan on April 1, I have lost 11 pounds so far!  So now I'm only 29 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, and my BMI has dropped from a 28.1 to a 26.3.  So technically still overweight, but great progress nonetheless!    I only have to lose 9 more pounds before I'm considered normal weight.

But the biggest blessing of all has been the overall feeling of healthiness I've felt since going vegan.  I'm feeling more energetic and more motivated to get things done around the house and in the garden than ever before.  My menstrual cycles have already changed for the better- after just one month!  I'm seriously amazed.  I don't have a ton of health problems, so noticing any immediate improvement to my health was surprising!

I've been losing weight at a very steady pace of 2 pounds per week.  I hope I can keep this going to that by the time I go on my vacation this summer I won't overheat.  Which happens to me easily anyway.  That's another thing I've noticed- I'm not so hot all the time anymore.  Bonus!  And since I'm going to Arizona in the summer (I'm crazy, I know), I'm all for anything that will help keep me cool.

No comments: