Monday, May 06, 2013

Baked Tortilla Chips

I decided to try making tortilla chips again today and this time I took pictures!  I was really, really happy with how they turned out today.  

Here's what you need:  

So simple.  6 corn tortillas (or however many will fit on your cookie sheet), a little bit of lime, and sea salt.  I used a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat to bake them on.

Preheat your oven to 350F.  


Cut the tortillas into wedges, 6-8 per tortilla.  Squirt with a little lime and sprinkle with salt.  Put in the oven for 10-18 minutes (watch them!  The original recipe I saw called for 12 minutes, but my oven took a little longer.  16 minutes is about perfect for this size of wedge in my oven.)


Fresh and warm out of the oven!


Yum yum!  Ready to eat.


I ate mine with a little fat free refried beans and salsa.  So good, and so much healthier than using fried tortilla chips.  And cheaper, too!


This snack has Ri's seal of approval!  He loved them.  No, he did not eat jam with his chips.  The jam was out because I found it on Lacy's bed.  What does that kid do when I'm not looking?

No comments: